Middle East performance art scene.
“…discover a different and surprising Iran, and to experience its dynamic art scene. Most art forms in Iran are closely monitored and artists have to perform discretely, staging shows in caves, private art galleries or isolated fields where officials won’t see them.” (more here)
- A Prologue to the Past and Present State of Things: Looking at Wafaa Bilal’s Domestic Tension: Barrak Alzaid
- Future Imperfect: Contemporary Art Practices and Cultural Institutions in the Middle East: Edited by Anthony Downey (Sternberg Press, 2016)
- What are the genealogies of performance art in North Africa and the Middle East?
- Maybe If You Choreograph Me, You Will Feel Better (or Here)
- Effective on the Ground and Invisible to the Global Art Market: Participatory Art in the Middle East
- Iran’s Underground Art Scene
- Documenting Arab Performance Art