Russian Artist – Performance Art
Alexander Brener (1957, Almaty) is a writer and performance artist, one of the main protagonists of Moscow Actionism of the 1990s. His radical and often iconoclastic interventions challenge the canonical history of art and the habits and rules of spectatorship. He is also the author of numerous volumes of poetry and several novels, often written in collaboration with Barbara Schurz.
- Bukaka spat Here – Article on manifesto
- Alexander Brener and Barbara Schurz – performance review
- A Moment Outside: A Study of Alexander Brener’s Daring Escape from the Dictates of the Western Art Market – pdf
- THE LETTER OF SUPPORT – for Dutch court
- ‘Third World Artist’: The Performance Art of Alexander Brener – paper
- The End of Optics – written by artist